Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataEngineer1978
Contributor
Contributor

Precise Set-up Instructions to convert XML to JSON in batches (200-1,000 xml files per batch)

Good Afternoon, I really need your help! I am running Talend Open Studio for Big Data version 6.4.1. I need to understand in detail how to properly set up a Talend Job to convert 1,000 xml files at a time to JSON. I just need a good tutorial and I will be fine, but I haven't found one.

Thanks for the help!

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

As a newbie, I would suggest you read the component documentation and learn these components:

tFileList, tFileInputXML, tFileOutputJson, tWriteJsonFields.

If you want to convert each XML file to one Json file, the job design looks like:

tFileList--iterate--tFileInputXML--main--tFileOutputJson

or

tFileList--iterate--tFileInputXML--main--tWriteJsonFields--main--tFileOutputDelimited

Regards

Shong

DataEngineer1978
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks - but I want to combine 200 xml files into one JSON file? To me that answer is a cop out - because the documentation isn't that good...which is why I'm asking specifically....

DataEngineer1978
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The Talend documentation does not explain anything. PackT publishing has a better users manual than you all put out.

DataEngineer1978
Contributor
Contributor
Author

When I ran this job I got the following errors:

DataEngineer1978
Contributor
Contributor
Author

How do I fix those errors?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The component documentation explains the basic properties an usage of the component, it can't cover all the user cases in one chapter.

About your error, it looks like an installation issue, I guess you always get this error when executing any a job, please provide the following information for us to be more better evaluate the issue:

- Product version (such as Talend-Studio-20200219_1130-V7.3.1)

- Operating System (such as Windows 10, 64 bit)

- Java version (such as Oracle JDK build 1.8.0_201)

- Studio installation path

Regards

Shong