Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem in tFileList and tFileProperties

I am trying to get tFileProperties through itration of tFileList and getting result in tLogRow. when I get properties of single file its OK and I can see properties in tLogRow but when processing through ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE")) of tFileList it is showing null values in output of all individual files as shown below:

.--------+-------+--------+-----------+----+-----+------------.
| tLogRow_2 |
|=-------+-------+--------+-----------+----+-----+-----------=|
|abs_path|dirname|basename|mode_string|size|mtime|mtime_string|
|null |null |null |null |null|null |null |
'--------+-------+--------+-----------+----+-----+------------'
.--------+-------+--------+-----------+----+-----+------------.
| tLogRow_2 |
|abs_path|dirname|basename|mode_string|size|mtime|mtime_string|
|null |null |null |null |null|null |null |
'--------+-------+--------+-----------+----+-----+------------'

Below is job details:

0683p000009Lt1C.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you try my last suggestion? What you have done with a single file is hard code JUST the filename in the file field. In your previous version you were supplying the filepath AND filename in the file field. My last post showed you what to change I believe.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Can you share the preoperties of tFileList and tFileProperties? i was thinkng that the pattren of file in tFileList

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't believe the tFileProperties will have access to the filenames returned by your tFTPFileList. Are you meaning to be using that component or did you mean to use the tFileList? If you are looking at files in an FTP location use the tFTPFileProperties.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Instead of using "tFileProperties" use "tFTPFileProperties" component in your job flow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have changed tFileProperties to tFTPFileProperties as shown below with properties but result is same.

0683p000009Ls3V.png0683p000009Lt6j.png

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Since do you have the same kind of files starting with "*uplink*" in ftp location ?,the filemask is case sensitive.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You have hardcoded your Remote Directory and then used the CURRENT_FILEPATH globalMap value to point to the file. Have you tried the CURRENT_FILE globalMap value? You only want to name the file and not provide the complete url. Also, are your sure that your username and password do not take you straight to the path you have specified in your Remote Directory? Basically I think you are not actually pointing at the file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am trying to understand your answer but at the same time attached is the text file with output of job which shows there is no problem with credentials because file names and path is successfully parsed. But same path and file name present in tFilelist should be parsed by fileproperties for its values and shown in tLogRow.

Can you explain little bit more where am I doing wrong and what should be the actual way of doing same.

talend.txt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Basically can you try this code for the file name in your tFTPFileProperties....

((String)globalMap.get("tFTPFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"))
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have repeated the same process with single file mentioning its name in the file name and its successful as shown below and attached in the text file but I am not able to develop the logic to get the same list of files in the same folder.

0683p000009Lt7X.png

talend.txt