Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
humapathy
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with avro jar used when using both tSnowflakeConnection and tHiveConnection in a workflow

Hi

Using Talend Real-time Big Data Platform Version: 6.4.1 Build id: 20170720_1238-patch

PS: I have already created a support ticket with Talend, trying to raise the question to this community as there might be someone who faced a similar issue.

I am getting, "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avro.Schema$Field.addProp(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object0683p000009MA9p.pngV" error when I am trying to extract data from a Snowflake table.  I have attached the snapshot of the workflow that I built.  Please note that everything worked fine until I added tHiveConnection component to it. When I deactivated hive related components from my workflow, it again started working fine.  

Reading at a post here, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31687550/nosuchmethoderror-writing-avro-object-to-hdfs-using-bui... looked similar to the issue I am facing.  Basically I am assuming there is some issue with the avro jar file when the workflow has both Hive and Snowflake related components.  I do need both of them in my job.  So is there a way I can fix this issue?

0683p000009M1vz.png

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avro.Schema$Field.addProp(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object0683p000009MA9p.pngV

at org.talend.components.snowflake.runtime.SnowflakeAvroRegistry.sqlType2Avro(SnowflakeAvroRegistry.java:46)

at org.talend.components.common.avro.JDBCAvroRegistry.inferSchemaResultSet(JDBCAvroRegistry.java:114)

at org.talend.components.common.avro.JDBCAvroRegistry$1.apply(JDBCAvroRegistry.java:52)

at org.talend.components.common.avro.JDBCAvroRegistry$1.apply(JDBCAvroRegistry.java:44)

at org.talend.daikon.avro.AvroRegistry.inferSchema(AvroRegistry.java:154)

at org.talend.components.snowflake.runtime.SnowflakeSourceOrSink.getSchema(SnowflakeSourceOrSink.java:280)

at org.talend.components.snowflake.runtime.SnowflakeSourceOrSink.getEndpointSchema(SnowflakeSourceOrSink.java:265)

at org.talend.components.snowflake.runtime.SnowflakeReader.getSchema(SnowflakeReader.java:82)

at org.talend.components.snowflake.runtime.SnowflakeReader.<init>(SnowflakeReader.java:64)

at org.talend.components.snowflake.runtime.SnowflakeSource.createReader(SnowflakeSource.java:53)

at org.talend.components.snowflake.runtime.SnowflakeSource.createReader(SnowflakeSource.java:25)

6 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

while Talend fix an issue (it could take a time), you could split job into 2 separate

because your components  independent - they did not use same data flow, you can:

- run it one by one (cron or TAC execution plan) - this is will work for 100%

- call as subjobs from parent job - this is need to test if error affected for single Job or parent/shields  jobs as well

humapathy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@vapukov thanks for the suggestion.  Your solution might not work for my use case.  The workflow I showed you is not how it will be, when it is complete.  In the sense, i would need to access the hive tables to get the latest updated date and then go back to snowflake again to get the incremental data.  

vapukov
Master II
Master II

of course - when Talend fix the issue it would be good, but for period when it happens ... you need some bypass

we have similar issue (different components) and for this period we used csv (on hdfs) as intermediate storage between subjobs. Ugly ... but it works 🙂

you can pass values between subjobs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did this issue resolved?

vivek_varanasi
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think when a thmap is introduced with snowflake output, its not working and giving same exception.

0683p000009MaXw.png

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3358
[statistics] connected
[statistics] disconnected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avro.Schema.getLogicalType()Lorg/apache/avro/LogicalType;
at org.talend.daikon.avro.LogicalTypeUtils.isLogicalDate(LogicalTypeUtils.java:74)
at org.talend.codegen.enforcer.IncomingSchemaEnforcer.put(IncomingSchemaEnforcer.java:446)
at org.talend.codegen.enforcer.IncomingSchemaEnforcer.put(IncomingSchemaEnforcer.java:379)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:1924)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.tDBConnection_1Process(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:689)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.runJobInTOS(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:2740)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.main(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:2432)

I'm not sure if it all comes in same problem bucket.

vivek_varanasi
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think when a thmap is introduced with snowflake output, its not working and giving same exception.

0683p000009MaXw.png

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3358
[statistics] connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avro.Schema.getLogicalType()Lorg/apache/avro/LogicalType;
at org.talend.daikon.avro.LogicalTypeUtils.isLogicalDate(LogicalTypeUtils.java:74)
at org.talend.codegen.enforcer.IncomingSchemaEnforcer.put(IncomingSchemaEnforcer.java:446)
at org.talend.codegen.enforcer.IncomingSchemaEnforcer.put(IncomingSchemaEnforcer.java:379)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:1924)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.tDBConnection_1Process(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:689)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.runJobInTOS(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:2740)
at reusabledataexchangetemplate.snowflake_to_sap_0_1.SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.main(SNOWFLAKE_TO_SAP.java:2432)

I'm not sure if it all comes in same problem bucket.