Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desanip
Contributor
Contributor

Query s3 data using Redshift Spectrum

Hello Talendians,

I have a use case where i have to query directly from S3 using Redshift Spectrum. The data stored in s3 is in parquet format. We already have external schema and tables created using Glue Catalog. What should be the design approach? I see Talend does not have any Spectrum Components. Only RedshiftBulkexec and redshiftoutput components. Can someone throw somelight on how we can achieve this in Talend? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have not personally tried connecting Redshift Spectrum using Talend Redshift components. Are you getting any error while connecting using them? As a fallback strategy you can check generic JDBC DB components also to connect the Spectrum.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have not personally tried connecting Redshift Spectrum using Talend Redshift components. Are you getting any error while connecting using them? As a fallback strategy you can check generic JDBC DB components also to connect the Spectrum.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

desanip
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply

I don't think there are any Spectrum Components in Talend. Like you said i can use generic Database connection to connect to spectrum. I was trying to do a proof of concept to query data from s3 using Redshift spectrum and was wondering how do it.