Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manuel_toniato
Contributor
Contributor

ReadURL, MapExecutionContext, Context Variables

In my jobs and routes, I often need maps with multiple inputs (both tHMap and cMap components).
I successfully created inherited structures to use the I/O function ReadURL but I have problems to use context variables inside it. There are many issues on Talend JIRA about this topic (jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDM-313, jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDM-246) and also topics in forum ( www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=189533).
The solution that is proposed in these references (i.e. the usage of ${context.variable_name})  is not working on Talend Data Service Platform 6.2.1. 
For maps inside a route I used a workaround setting a header before the Maps (as suggested in jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDM-329) and remove theme afterwards but for maps inside jobs I don't know how to do it.

Moreover the documentation says:

"This function can be used to allow reading from multiple documents/objects in the map execution that are assigned dynamically by calling methods on the MapExecutionContext. In this case the URL is not required."

It is not clear how this MapExecutionContext can be used or setted. 

Can anybody help me?
Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
For your  Talend Data Service Platform 6.2.1, could you please report a ticket on talend support portal so that we can give a remote assistance to you on this issue through support cycle with priority.

Best regards
Sabrina