Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading a stored procedure from talend

Hi,
I need to read a stored procedure from my Talend data fabric 6.4.1 (DB is Mssql server ) and the result set data should load to data base only.
I tried to read SP from tmssqlsp component but there is no guess schema option where my so is having around 60 columns. How can I read SP and how can I guess schema.

Regards,
MS

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you have the list of columns available as part of a temp table in MSSQL, the best way is to use a tMSSQLInput to do the guess schema for this temp table (do a insert of data to a new table to create the temp table).

Then use export as XML option to export the schema to an XML file. Then import the same schema using this XML file to MS Stored Procedure component of Talend.

I agree it is bit circuitous route but there is no direct option available right now. If you are doing in this method, you can still save time compared to typing 60 columns manually.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@Mastan_123 

Were you able to resolve your issue with the help of above post? If yes, could you please mark the topic as resolved? 

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply,

I created a view to insert data into temp table by using Msinput component I am able to guess the schema into component, but my prob is I try to run the procedure in mssqlrow component it is running fine with EXEC.Procedure Name. But no data is getting into output, I am getting only null value. I even tried by using Mssqlsp component, but same null value I am getting.
Please help me how to resolve this...

Regards,
MS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nikhil,

If you are following the same method could you please share any sample job for better understanding if possible.

Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@Mastan_123 

Please refer the below link for the sample job where personal information from Talend stored procedure is being fetched using Talend through RECORD SET. I would recommedn to try the same example so that you will be getting more clarity on the flow and then try to implement the same in your use case.

https://help.talend.com/reader/iYcvdknuprDzYycT3WRU8w/AdupF~qe4XHm_K9YH3NoMA

I hope this will resolve your issue. Please spare a second to mark the post as resolved once you complete the flow. 🙂

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi