Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III

Removing Special Characters

Hi All,

I am currently trying to import data from a csv file with Chinese Characters and there are some � in the csv file..

My question is how do I import the data into teradata without it giving the "The string contains an untranslatable character," error message.

I would like to either remove the � or just replace it with an empty space.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. In that case, could you please go to the advanced settings of the tfileinput component and convert the language settings to UTF-8.

The symbols are getting generated due to wrong language set. You can remove the tMap in this case.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can remove all non-Latin characters by using below function in a tmap.

row2.input_data.replaceAll("[^\\x00-\\x7F]", "")

0683p000009M1pX.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

sszzxx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

But if that's the case, my chinese character words (such as 小姐) will also be an empty string right?

I just want to remove those garbled letters such as ...  '' 

thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. In that case, could you please go to the advanced settings of the tfileinput component and convert the language settings to UTF-8.

The symbols are getting generated due to wrong language set. You can remove the tMap in this case.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi