Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RNikolova1624628702
Contributor
Contributor

Return UTC Date object

Hello guys! I am struggling with date conversion in the Talend Open Studio, and I would need some help. I have a column of type Date, so I need to return from the Expression Builder Date object. But I need my time to be formatted like this "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" and to be in UTC. Whatever I have tried the time is not showing correctly. If you see the screenshot below you will see that the time is shown as EEST time, not UTC. 😞 It is important to return Date, NOT String. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

0695b00000GeKDYAA3.png0695b00000GeKDTAA3.png

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Without using Test! in tMap expression builder, could you please drag a tlogrow component after tMap to print your date on console to see if it displays well.

Best regards

Sabrina

RNikolova1624628702
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey Sabrina!

Thank you for the response! I didn't know about the tlogrow component, thank you for informing me about it. I tried it, and here's what I get in the console: 2021-06-28 12:14:01

gjeremy1617088143

Hi, if you whant currentdate in Utc :

TalendDate.parseDateInUTC("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss",TalendDate.formatDate("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss",TalendDate.getCurrentDate()))

in the metadate schema you set the pattern to "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"

Send me Love and Kudos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

tLogrow is usually used to display data or results in the Run console to monitor data processed.

Here is the related component reference about: TalendHelpCenter: tLogrow

Best regards

Sabrina