Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Row separator is not right

Hello,

What is the right row separator to be use if the data that I'll be loading is like below:

"123456","ABC","ABC DEFG HIJKL","100 Yellow Street","Saigon","SAI","5000","GON"

0683p000009M0le.png

I used "\n" but the data became like what I post below, which is the last letter or number inserted on the next column.

"12345","6BC","AABC DEFG HIJK","L100 Yellow Stree","tsaigo","nAI","S500","0GON"

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use any type of file (positional,delimited etc) for file list and once we select the right fiel reading component, it will work fine.

Could you please try tfilelist -> tfileinputdelimited -> tmap -> tmysqloutput

Please also add the full job flow and if you are getting error please add the corresponding component screenshot.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Greetings,

Row separator is okay if all the data rows are on new line,

you better specify right column separator.

Regards

Chandra Kant

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Where should I specify that and what would be the right column separator for that kind of data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Which component you are using as if now ?

What is your input file type ?

If it is csv go for tFileInputDelimited and you will easily find the "Field Separator "

Regards 

Chandra Kant

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The issue appears to be that your positional file pattern ( "1, 6, 3, 35, 35 ...." ) is incorrect. This is a comma separated list of lengths. The pattern shown in your screenshot says: map the first 1 character in a line to the first column, then the next 6 to the second column, followed by the next 3 in the third column and so on.

With that said, the data you show in your post does not match up with the pattern in the screenshot, so there is likely some confusion going on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

tfileinputpositional is the component that I am using and I'm trying for both CSV and TXT file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@JGM Indeed and I'm looking on the something weird.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please advise which component you are using to parse the file? I was able to read the sample data you had provided from the file in right fashion.

0683p000009M0lt.png

Please refer the component details below.

0683p000009M0ey.png

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm using a tfileinputpositional not the tfileinputdelimited one.

0683p000009M0ly.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The data you have shown in your query is in delimited format. Is there any specific reason to choose the tfileinputpositional instead of tfileinputdelimited for your use case?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi