Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Row separator is not right

Hello,

What is the right row separator to be use if the data that I'll be loading is like below:

"123456","ABC","ABC DEFG HIJKL","100 Yellow Street","Saigon","SAI","5000","GON"

0683p000009M0le.png

I used "\n" but the data became like what I post below, which is the last letter or number inserted on the next column.

"12345","6BC","AABC DEFG HIJK","L100 Yellow Stree","tsaigo","nAI","S500","0GON"

Labels (2)
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

First this is how the whole parsing scenario:

0683p000009M0m8.png

tfilelist ( contains the source directory and the files) the iterate to tfileinputpositional which I used ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_3_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) on the file name/stream then row separator I tried is "\n"  "\t" and the other valid separator, then tmap to map the values to the tmysqloutput (table) and before that there's a look up table for the values on the column that is not exists on the file.

If I will use the tfiledelimitedinput, can I use the same logic? Should I use tflieexists - iterate-> tfileinputdelimited - tmap - tmysqlouput?

thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tried to use tfliexist + tfileinoputdelimited + tmap +tmysqlouput but I got an issue:

null (The system cannot find the file specified)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use any type of file (positional,delimited etc) for file list and once we select the right fiel reading component, it will work fine.

Could you please try tfilelist -> tfileinputdelimited -> tmap -> tmysqloutput

Please also add the full job flow and if you are getting error please add the corresponding component screenshot.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

after doing that, nothing inserted on the table. 0683p000009MPcz.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know, why there's no data inserted, upon checking on the database, there's nothing as well.

Processing .zip, please wait...

Process finished
Data dump to staging data_staging completed.
Data ID: 1
 Data: Inserted Rows: 0
Data: Updated Rows: 0
Directory Data: For Deleted Rows: 0
Directory Data: Deleted Rows: 0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I doubt whether the file is being picked up in your flow. A simple way of debugging is to add tlogrow in each phase to identify where the data is missing in the flow. 

If you could put the screenshot of the latest flow, I will get more idea.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampi one last question; What if the data is look like:

123456,ABC,ABC DEFG HIJKL,"100 Yellow Street","Saigon",SAI,5000,GON

What should be the right Row and column separator? If you will notice there's a values that has "" and most of them don't have.

Thanks for any response. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It will still work with tfileinputdellimited with same configuration. I created 2 records as shown below.

0683p000009M0Zz.png

And below is the output I got from Talend.

0683p000009M0g1.png

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampi I didn't noticed that, the second column was not inserted. And I got an error:

Data truncation: Data too long for column 'column2' at row 1

I checked the source data it's having 3 characters the target column having 3 characters as well, so I'm not sure what is happening on why it is not inserted and having error that it is truncated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The column naming convention starts with Column0. Since you are mentioning column2, it means you need to actually check the length of third column in the file.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi