Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP info cube extraction error

Hi Team

I am trying to connect to SAP info cube and pull the lager volume of data

I facing the following issue,Can you please guide me how to resolve. 

Starting job Extract_SAP_BW at 15:50 13/10/2017.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3584

[statistics] connected

Exception in component tSAPInfoCubeInput_2 (Extract_SAP_BW)

java.lang.RuntimeException: Next data package could not be requested: SAPException@2f953efd [

errorCode=40

,errorGroup=0

,errorKey=null

,errorMessage=<BAPIRET2><TYPE>E</TYPE><ID>DBMAN</ID><NUMBER>257</NUMBER><MESSAGE>SQL Error: INVALID_CURSOR</MESSAGE><LOG_NO></LOG_NO><LOG_MSG_NO>000000</LOG_MSG_NO><MESSAGE_V1>INVALID_CURSOR</MESSAGE_V1><MESSAGE_V2></MESSAGE_V2><MESSAGE_V3></MESSAGE_V3><MESSAGE_V4></MESSAGE_V4><PARAMETER></PARAMETER><ROW>0</ROW><FIELD></FIELD><SYSTEM>DB2CLNT100</SYSTEM></BAPIRET2>

,bapiName=Z_TALEND_READ_INFOPROV

]

at org.talend.sap.impl.bw.readable.SAPBWLayoutBasedTableData.nextRow(SAPBWLayoutBasedTableData.java:144)

at imss.extract_sap_bw_0_1.Extract_SAP_BW.tSAPInfoCubeInput_2Process(Extract_SAP_BW.java:3776)

at imss.extract_sap_bw_0_1.Extract_SAP_BW.runJobInTOS(Extract_SAP_BW.java:4117)

at imss.extract_sap_bw_0_1.Extract_SAP_BW.main(Extract_SAP_BW.java:3936)

[FATAL]: imss.extract_sap_bw_0_1.Extract_SAP_BW - tSAPInfoCubeInput_2 Next data package could not be requested: SAPException@2f953efd [

errorCode=40

,errorGroup=0

,errorKey=null

,errorMessage=<BAPIRET2><TYPE>E</TYPE><ID>DBMAN</ID><NUMBER>257</NUMBER><MESSAGE>SQL Error: INVALID_CURSOR</MESSAGE><LOG_NO></LOG_NO><LOG_MSG_NO>000000</LOG_MSG_NO><MESSAGE_V1>INVALID_CURSOR</MESSAGE_V1><MESSAGE_V2></MESSAGE_V2><MESSAGE_V3></MESSAGE_V3><MESSAGE_V4></MESSAGE_V4><PARAMETER></PARAMETER><ROW>0</ROW><FIELD></FIELD><SYSTEM>DB2CLNT100</SYSTEM></BAPIRET2>

]

java.lang.RuntimeException: Next data package could not be requested: SAPException@2f953efd [

errorCode=40

,errorGroup=0

,errorKey=null

]

at org.talend.sap.impl.bw.readable.SAPBWLayoutBasedTableData.nextRow(SAPBWLayoutBasedTableData.java:144)

at imss.extract_sap_bw_0_1.Extract_SAP_BW.tSAPInfoCubeInput_2Process(Extract_SAP_BW.java:3776)

at imss.extract_sap_bw_0_1.Extract_SAP_BW.runJobInTOS(Extract_SAP_BW.java:4117)

at imss.extract_sap_bw_0_1.Extract_SAP_BW.main(Extract_SAP_BW.java:3936)

[statistics] disconnected

Job Extract_SAP_BW ended at 15:53 13/10/2017. [exit code=1]0683p000009LrJq.png

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You are pulling the lager volume of data? What's the size (> 1 mio. rows)?

It seems that the current implementation reaches its limits, because all the extracted data is hold in the main memory of the SAP system and client (Talend Job).

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What would be the solution to process large amount of data?

If it is memory issue then would increasing the JVM parameters of the job resolve this?

Or do we have any other workaround?

Thanks

Bira1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @SaranyaKatakam ,

I hope all is well.

I'm having the same problem trying to load SAP data.

Did you get any solutions?

Thanks.

jayapal1984
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue....did anyone find a solution for this ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

On which talend build version you got this issue?

Here exists a jira issue: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-38138

It is fixed in 6.5.1, 7.0.1

Best regards

Sabrina

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

The solution for this topic is that you have to use the FTP options in the tSAPInfocubeInput component.

You have to provide the FTP details for the system you are trying to read the Infocube.