Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMakore1678118010
Contributor
Contributor

Setting of Context Parameter from context file

Hi

I have created a Context File with the following values.

cleanFiles=true

startDate=2012-03-01 00:00:00

endDate=2020-03-27 00:00:00

Now I wanted to make use of one of these variables(cleanFiles) like this :

0695b00000nRPtRAAW.png

My current flow is

0695b00000nRPuYAAW.png

Once I run the job, my current log shows as follows.

Connecting to socket on port 3508

connected

tContextLoad_1 set key "startDate" with value "2012-03-01 00:00:00"

tContextLoad_1 set key "endDate" with value "2020-03-27 00:00:00"

Info: Parameter "cleanFiles" has not been set by tContextLoad_1 --->Something is wrong here. Why it is not setting?

I have the context added to a group of contexts with a default value of false. So when the job executes, the default value is used instead of the one set in the context file. I don't understand why it's working for other variables and not working for this one(cleanFiles)

Labels (3)
1 Reply
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Amanda Makore​ 

At first I would suspect there could be a typing difference between the file and the context variable name. But in that case, there should be an warning on the job log saying that 'Parameter "cleanFiles" is a new parameter of tContextLoad_1'. But instead, you're getting a Info stating that 'Parameter "cleanFiles" has not been set by tContextLoad_1' as if this row on the source file is being ignored.

So, I suggest you check the tFileInputDelimited component. Is there any header, footer or limit set on it? This might cause some lines to be ignored. You could put a tLogRow in between tFileInputDelimited and tContextLoad components to check what the Job is reading from this file.