Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rchanda
Contributor II
Contributor II

Split rows into multple sheets

Hello, Can someone help me with this requirement.

I have a requirement to load 2 million rows into an excel file. Since excel sheet limit is around 1 million, I would like to load first million into sheet 1 and next million rows into Sheet 2. And Sheet 3 if there are more than 2 million rows in future. 

I am using Talend 6.5.1X version

Thank you in advance

Regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rchanda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello TRF,

I tried your solution. I am still getting error Invalid row number (1048576) outside allowable range (0..1048575)

Am I missing some setting? Please look into the attachment.

Can you provide me the solution to iterate multiple files into multiple sheets. or provide link to any existing solution.

Talend Error.png
Talend Error2.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

I suggest you to load rows into separate csv files using "max rows per file" property (this not the exact name). Then iterate over these generated files with tFileList to load them into the corresponding Excel sheet.
rchanda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you TRF for your quick reply. Is there any other better way to load the data directly into Excel sheet?
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Don't think with standard components but you should try them first.
Maybe other possible solutions with components from Talend Exchange.
rchanda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found a solution here
https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Iterate-rows-into-multiple-Excel-she...

But the screenshot is missing so do not know how they did.
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Based on the expected number of lines it could be slower than the other solution
rchanda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello TRF,

I tried your solution. I am still getting error Invalid row number (1048576) outside allowable range (0..1048575)

Am I missing some setting? Please look into the attachment.

Can you provide me the solution to iterate multiple files into multiple sheets. or provide link to any existing solution.

Talend Error.png
Talend Error2.png
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Probably because the sheetname is static. Should be based on a global variable associated to the tFileList component such as CURRENT_FILE or NB_FILE.
rchanda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you TRF. This solution is working.

Changed the sheet name to dynamic.

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Thanks to mark the answer as the solution, not the question