Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

String to date conversion

My input from database is having "date" in string datatype with size 50, which is sending date in yyyy-mm-dd format. I want to store it at the destination in String(50) with mm-dd-yyyy format. Solution please.

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i shoudn't drop records, because after this transmission those blank date fields will be having a data thru front end. I need to pass these blanks. Hence i did like below in tMap but it didnt work. Please suggest.

row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate == "" ? "" :  TalendDate.formatDate("MM-dd-yyyy",TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate)) 

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

"".equals(row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate) || 
row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate == null ? "" : TalendDate.formatDate("MM-dd-yyyy",TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate))
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wow TRF... it worked.. Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello TRF,

Can you please explain the statement you have given for the solution? 

"".equals(row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate) || 
row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate == null ? "" : TalendDate.formatDate("MM-dd-yyyy",TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate))

It worked actually, but the output excel's cell is in "General" format and i am expecting in "Custom" format cell with MM-DD-YYYY option (just like the attached image) then only the formula will pick this cell for calculation. Please guide

Graph9.jpg