Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

String to date conversion

My input from database is having "date" in string datatype with size 50, which is sending date in yyyy-mm-dd format. I want to store it at the destination in String(50) with mm-dd-yyyy format. Solution please.

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i shoudn't drop records, because after this transmission those blank date fields will be having a data thru front end. I need to pass these blanks. Hence i did like below in tMap but it didnt work. Please suggest.

row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate == "" ? "" :  TalendDate.formatDate("MM-dd-yyyy",TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate)) 

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

"".equals(row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate) || 
row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate == null ? "" : TalendDate.formatDate("MM-dd-yyyy",TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate))
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wow TRF... it worked.. Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello TRF,

Can you please explain the statement you have given for the solution? 

"".equals(row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate) || 
row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate == null ? "" : TalendDate.formatDate("MM-dd-yyyy",TalendDate.parseDate("yyyy-MM-dd",row2.DiagnosisActivityStartDate))

It worked actually, but the output excel's cell is in "General" format and i am expecting in "Custom" format cell with MM-DD-YYYY option (just like the attached image) then only the formula will pick this cell for calculation. Please guide

Graph9.jpg