Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III

Studio Load Time

Hi All

My development machine is a Win2019 server with 16Gb memory. It takes 1-2 minutes for Talend Studio to start on it. Is this an expected spin-up time or does this point to a configuration problem?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can try the following ways:

1 Open .ini file under <Studio installation directory>/, such as Talend-Studio-win-x86_64, and modify the Java parameter -Xms and - Xmx to allocate more memory to Studio.

2 Open Project settings-->Designer-->Palette settings panel, and then hide the components which you will not use, (you can active the hidden components again whenever you need to use them), this will reduce the loading time of Talend components.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can try the following ways:

1 Open .ini file under <Studio installation directory>/, such as Talend-Studio-win-x86_64, and modify the Java parameter -Xms and - Xmx to allocate more memory to Studio.

2 Open Project settings-->Designer-->Palette settings panel, and then hide the components which you will not use, (you can active the hidden components again whenever you need to use them), this will reduce the loading time of Talend components.

Regards

Shong

datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for this! I changed the ini file settings and reduced my load time from 1 min 53sec to 45 secs