Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TAC job failing after adding custom component

Our setup:
- Talend on Windows machines
- Talend on a Linux machine (TAC setup on linux)
- Everything's talking to the same SVN repo
We've just added a custom component and the job works as expected on the Windows machines, new component shows up in the components palette. all looks good.
When I try to schedule and run the job through TAC (setup on linux), it fails with 'Job ended with error(s)', the log shows that there were 'Unresolved compilation errors'
### Job STARTED at 2013/04/22 14:20:34 (jobId=20130422_142033_ON0tC, jobExecutionId=20130422142034_Zn2g9) ###
connecting to socket on port 10007
connected
disconnected
disconnected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
date cannot be resolved or is not a field
promo_code cannot be resolved or is not a field
- other scheduled jobs are running fine
- i see the component in the dir; /data/Talend-5.2.1/cmdline/studio/commandline-workspace/...
What have we tried?
- Restarted Talend on linux machine
- renamed the ComponentsCache.javacache file in /data/Talend-5.2.1/cmdline/studio/configuration and did a restart (which didn't seem to create the .javacache file again), am I missing a step here to have the file created?
Any help on getting this job scheduled through TAC would be much appreciated.
thank you,
Vivek
Labels (4)
16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi srivatsan_s30,
Could you please indicate the build version you are using?
Have you checked vivekp's solution?
1. check out the SVN repo to local drive
2. goto the branch 'components' directory and copy your custom components folder into it
3. add/commit the component into the repo
4. goto TAC and re-generate the job using that component (probably any job will do) because we want to refresh the code being referenced in TAC

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response. I have tryed his solution but i am not able to see my changes when running my job in DEV TAC.
After doing my changes in custom component in my local machine. I had to reopen Talend IDE and once i re-opened Talend IDE, I was able to see my changes in custom component and testing was successful in my local machine. I have the following questions:
1. I am new to Talend, just 2 weeks of experience. where should i check for the build version number? 
2. I saw your post where you showed configuration in DEV Tac that has the physical location of the custom component. Should i checkout latest custom component code manually from svn in that location of DEV TAC?
I appreciate your help. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
1. I am new to Talend, just 2 weeks of experience. where should i check for the build version number?

In studio, go to Help-->About Talend Studio
2. I saw your post where you showed configuration in DEV Tac that has the physical location of the custom component. Should i checkout latest custom component code manually from svn in that location of DEV TAC?

Have you already checked it?
Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MEDl.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My Talend version is: 5.3.1 Build id: r104014
My user doesn't have permission to view the configuration in DEV TAC. In settings i do not see configuration option. Is it required to do a checkout of latest from svn in DEV TAC server manually everytime we update the code of custom component in svn?
0683p000009MEJs.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You don't need to checkout of latest from svn in DEV TAC server manually everytime if you have configurated  the physical location of the custom component.
Your customer cannot copy the components to the TAC server and point in the TAC -> Configuration-> Commandline in the attribute Custom Component Path to this directory?(as my screenshot shownin previous post)?
What's his user role and right in the Administration Center?
Best regards
Sabrina
rcbsintegration
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,
I imported custom component ( tGoogleAdwordReport). It was successfully added to my talend studio and the run successfully. But When I tried to run it in TAC, it says that some of the component was not load. My question is, Do i need to manually put the zip file of  tGoogleAdwordReport in User Component Path?

Thanks!
rcbsintegration
Contributor
Contributor

I got the answer on my question. Yes we should put the unzip imported custom component in the User Component Path. My problem is soleved now.

Thanks!