Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GNachbagauer
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Job on Remote Engine not working

I have an issue with a Job (Restful service) which runs perfectly in the Studio. After the test in the Studio I published the Artifact to the cloud and tried to run it but it didn´t work. I got an error message back and a HTTP Status Code 500, please see the attached files (log file and response of remote_engine_runtime). After it didn´t work on the remote engine runtime I tried to run it on a local runtime on my machine but this didn´t work either, but there is also a different Error message. I am using the tHMap component in this Job, maybe this is the issue? Do I need to install any additional libaries to use all functionalities of the tHMap? , because I am using it also in other Jobs on the runtime and there it is working fine.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

How have you loaded your service into the cloud? Is it loaded as a Data Service or as a Job? If it has been loaded as a Job, this will need to be changed to a Data Service. If this does not change the status of your problem, I would recommend contacting support. 

GNachbagauer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thx for your response. It's deployed as OSGi Bundle.... We have already created a support ticket. At the moment without any solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but when you check your Tasks and Plans in Talend Cloud, is it listed as a Data Service? I suspect that it is from what you have said in your last post. My confusion came from you referring to it as a Job rather than a Service. My suggestion was based on that confusion. It would be easier to debug this with Webex (or similar) access. Support will be able to do this for you.

GNachbagauer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The task is created as Data Service (Rest). It looks like that tHmap is generaly not working on our remote engines. We are still waiting for an answer from the support team.

GNachbagauer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

On the local runtime we have fixed the problem by installing the data mapper component but on the remote engine this component is already installed.....

GNachbagauer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We have now created a .jar file and we have deployed it manualy to the remote engine and it's working. So it seems that the problem is the deployment via TMC. 0683p000009MPcz.png Just for your information if somebody has the same problem. Also we will update our support ticket to get a suitable solution for this bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this and for letting support know. I'm afraid I have been on vacation this week so am only just catching up. If support can recreate this issue (I suspect that they will with your help) it will lead to a patch. Thanks 🙂

arjun_x_nair
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have the same problem ... i can see in logs everything upto "tHmap" component works fine in the dataservice , there must be some additional requirement to run on talend runtime because the job works fine on talend studio and localhost