Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Todd66
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend Open Studio for Data Integration on Apple Silicon

So, I did a few tests with TOS for Data Integration 8.0.1 and that's what I've found out:

TOS for Data Integration works fine on Intel Macs with newer OS like Big Sur or Monterey.

Sadly, it does not work on an Apple M1 Pro Chip with Monterey. There is no problem within the installation process, but when you try to start it, it crashes with the following error:

Does anyone know how to fix this error or is this not fixable due to the Silicon Chip?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Currently, OS X Monterey is not supported yet officially.

Please have a look at this online documentation TOS for Data Integration 8.0.1for about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Operating Systems

In the documentation we provide a list of operating Systems that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) operating Systems will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

In addition to that, if you are getting some JVM selection issue. You could try the suggestions here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25753966/eclipse-jvm-shared-library-does-not-contain-the-jni-cre...

Note: 8.0 requires Java 11 to start, and not Java 8.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Currently, OS X Monterey is not supported yet officially.

Please have a look at this online documentation TOS for Data Integration 8.0.1for about: TalendHelpCenter: Compatible Operating Systems

In the documentation we provide a list of operating Systems that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) operating Systems will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

In addition to that, if you are getting some JVM selection issue. You could try the suggestions here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25753966/eclipse-jvm-shared-library-does-not-contain-the-jni-cre...

Note: 8.0 requires Java 11 to start, and not Java 8.

Best regards

Sabrina

Todd66
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for thinking of me.

Todd66
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You're a legend! Thanks for this! I couldn't find an answer anywhere else and your solution worked on my M1 Mac! Macys Insite Sign In

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great it helps. Feel free to let us know if there is any help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina