Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XJ_1630
Contributor III
Contributor III

Talend Project with /Best Practices /Framework / Scaffolding / Skeleton

Hello Folks,

Would there be recommendations for starting/migrating Talend Projects using a Framework /Scaffolding /Skeleton ?

There is an alternative to: http://talendframework.com/

Talend was asked for a Framework - there was no clear response.

Is there an alternative for a Talend Framework ?

It would be great to have an alternative that functions on Talend Cloud v7

some desired features:

• context driven
  • encryption/decryption of passwords (with salt)
  • collection of logs/errors
  • management of temporary files during loading
  • routines to assist with repetitive tasks
  • [ ... ]

Thanks!

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Xuan Junior​,

I should point out that TalendFramework.com is not affiliated with Talend. We provide a wealth of information on best practices at https://help.talend.com/ and on our Knowledge Base. If you are a customer you may also have access to a CSM (Customer Success Manager) depending on your contract.

I am afraid it is very hard to answer a question like yours without knowing your environment or what you are using Talend to achieve. But you should be able to find some guidance from the KB and Help. It is far easier to help with more specific questions on here.

Regards

Richard

XJ_1630
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Richard Hall​ 

I did contact your CSM (the Talend person managing our v7 cloud upgrade) - the response was vague, at best.

I will try to get this question brought to your attention via the CSM.

On a side note, isn't a 'shared-talend-framework' a good idea ?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I will see if I can get this looked into. Would you send me a private message with your account details so I can get this to the right person?

About a shared Talend framework, it is a bit tricky to have one framework that will suit all scenarios. It's a little bit like having a shared vehicle framework that will perfectly suit all types of vehicle I guess. We do have best practices for different ways of working with the product, but in your case you appear to be upgrading from on-premises to cloud. It might be that your current implementation can be modified to a better way of working in the cloud while limiting the modifications to your jobs. Someone who is starting in the cloud may be advised to work in a very different way (as there are no overheads for updating existing work).

As I said, if you can private message me, I will see if I can get in touch with the CSM.

Regards

Richard