Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend throwing "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:"

Hi,

I realize this thread was previously opened and apparently solved at this url:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-throwing-quot-Exception-in-thread-quot...

However, I still get this error whenever I test an expression in the Expression Builder within a tMap. I am relatively new to Talend and even greener in Java, so this test utility would be very useful if it worked.

Here is a screenshot of the error:

0683p000009M9SM.jpg

The columns [row16.discountUnit] and [row16.priceUnit] are both BigDecimals and the expression seems right since I copied it of exactly from a valid source.

In Talend at Window / Preferences / Java / Installed JREs  is 

JRE home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_241

JRE name: jre1.8.0_241

Default VM arguments: empty

My Talend Open Studio for Data Integration's version is 7.2.1. Any suggestions on how to fix this please?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

can you go to code and check for java -version?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manohar,

Sure! Here's a screenshot:

0683p000009M9dn.jpg

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

You have correct Java version and as part of testing with out that logic is it working means straight mapping?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, you are right. My tMap seems not to be working properly... I don't know if it's related. I get the following error codes:

0683p000009M9ds.jpg

I don't get why my tInputDelimited file [POS_histo_orderDetails_OB] isn't transferring any rows. That tUnite_1 is working fine when run alone:

0683p000009M9dx.jpg

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Understand that if you are writing some expression in tmap without handling null values then you will get null pointer exception.

Something like this.for the below col column you need to check for null validation of you need to re write expression below way to over come that null pointer exception.

Row1.col.equals("Apple")?"App":""

("Apple").equals(Row1.col)?"App":""