Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdeeter
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble with tJavaRow adding a column to the Dynamic

Hi all, I have a Talend enterprise job that is fairly resusable.  One of the main functions of this job is to map column dynamically to a common output layout for PII data to be used in later steps.

I am struggling with the syntax to append a net new column to the dynamic column that is coming into the tJavarow.

I have the mapping of varied input data figured out but I can't seem to initialize the column so I can map data to it.  Note, this works if I add the column in a prior step and just leaving the source blank (i.e. in tMap) and then use a tWriteDynamic prior to the tJavarow but I am hoping to keep this complexity all in the tJavarow component.  Is there something wrong with this syntax?  I am not getting the column back in the output_row in the next component.

Any ideas:

Dynamic CDI_Schema = input_row.CdiData;

for (int i = 0; i < CDI_Schema_1.getColumnCount(); i++)
{
DynamicMetadata columnMetadata = CDI_Schema.getColumnMetadata(i);
{CDI_Schema.addColumn("input_first_name" ,"String", true);}

if (columnMetadata.getName().equals("input_first_name"                )){CDI_Schema.setColumnValue(i,CDI_Schema.getColumnValue((String)globalMap.get("input_first_name_column")));}

}

output_row.CdiData  = CDI_Schema;

Labels (3)
3 Replies
mdeeter
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Anyone have experience with addColumn and a Dynamic column?

mdeeter
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, anyone have any suggestions on this?

User5923427525177642
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mdeeter,

CDI_Schema.addColumn("input_first_name" ,"String", true) is not a void type but a dynamic type.

This one returns you CDI_Schema's value with added column.

So you have to write it like this : CDI_Schema = CDI_Schema.addColumn("input_first_name" ,"String", true);