Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgou
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to update a MSSQL Table using bulk mode

Hello,

I am trying to update a MSSQL TAble from a csv file. My job prepare the file and then update the table using tDBOutputBulkExec because there is a lot of records.

My issue is that I have the message

Cannot bulk load because the file "D:/Run/Talend/Siebel/Data/REC/TMP/Orion/UpdAsset_ALIM_ODS_2100_APPAREIL_ORION.csv" could not be opened. Operating system error code 3(Le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable.)

Actually, I'm not sure I using well the talend component, I can't find example.

I read my csv file, then I'm looking for some datas in other tables and then I use tDBOutputBulk (to generate a file) and tDBOutputBulkExec to tu update the table from the file.

0695b00000lxs5pAAA.png

Can you help me to solve my problem

Thanks

Sincerelly

Bertrand

Labels (3)
2 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello @b gou​ 

There are 3 components for bulk loading:

1. tDBOutputBulk creates a delimited file for bulk loading in another step;
  2. tDBBulkExec loades a delimited file previously created;
  3. tDBOutputBulkExec mixes the behavior of tDBOutputBulk and tDBBulkExec,; it creates a file and loads it into the database after the file is completed.

So, since you already configured tDBOutputBulk, I suggest you replace tDBOutputBulkExec by tDBBulkExec.

Also, instead of connecting those components using a "row" connection, replace row4 by a OnComponentOK Trigger. This will guarantee that tDBBulkExec is executed only after the file is completely written.

bgou
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you @Anselmo Peixoto​  for your help