Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwing
Contributor
Contributor

UNC Path Error, run .bat file on shared drive

Hi guys,

I'm trying to run a .bat file that's located on the shared drive and am having trouble running it using the tSystems component. Now I was able to run this manually by double clicking the file and it works just fine.

Would anyone recommend what I could do to have this work with tSystems?

0693p00000AcYLuAAN.png

Error:

0693p00000AcYMJAA3.png

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have you tried to search this issue 'UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory' on google? Never try it, maybe this page could help

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9013941/how-to-run-batch-file-from-network-share-without-unc-path-are-not-supported-me

Regards

Shong

jwing
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi shong,

I tried your suggested and even looked at the link but I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm still getting the error in Talend as screenshot in my original post. Is there anything incorrect with my .bat file or tSystem component parameters?

Below is my .bat file. When I double click the .bat file it will temporarily create a map drive, call my visual basic script, and remove the map drive.

pushd \\Addfsprod01\bjs\Vol11\HO\Logistic\Replen\CENTRAL ANALYTICS\Promo\Demand_File_Generator\

cscript run_email.vbs "\\Addfsprod01\bjs\Vol11\HO\Logistic\Replen\CENTRAL ANALYTICS\Promo\Demand_File_Generator\Email_Distro.xlsm"

popd