Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayur2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to get SCD End date as 31 -12 -9999 but getting 1-1-9999

Hi All,

I tried SCD type 2 for scd_start and scd_End inside tOracleSCD, it works successfully for any year i.e YYYY format,(there is a radio button to add end date as NULL or Fixed year value).

The outcome of it is 01- 01-9999 by default. I wanted to make it 31-12-9999 (here I am unable to control day and month). Please assist.

I am using Talend 6.3

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mayur2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Shong.

I have checked the Java code inside SCD component, there EXTRACT(Year) keyword is mentioned.

If will remove that ,ideally it should work.

Can you please assist, how to open a jira issue on Talend Bugtracker

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The fixed year value only support year value input, the output will be 01-01-your_year_value. You can open a jira issue on Talend Bugtracker to our R&D team to evaluate whether this field needs to be modified to support custom month.

Regards

Shong

Mayur2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Shong.

I have checked the Java code inside SCD component, there EXTRACT(Year) keyword is mentioned.

If will remove that ,ideally it should work.

Can you please assist, how to open a jira issue on Talend Bugtracker

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mayur Achmani​ here you go, open a jira issue under Talend DI component project.

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

I would always recommend using the fist date of the far away year instead of using the last date.

You do not need the last 12 month in the year far away of our live time.

Using the first date make things much easier - even the select of the current records only by the year.