Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ManiKanta_Divvela
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to select data from S3 file using tS3Get component

Hi team,

I want to read the data from S3 file, without downloading it so I am using S3 Select option in tS3Get component. Even though there is data in the file, I am not getting any data. Please help me on this as soon as possible.

2 Replies
LLopeza1682662066
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, If you are using the tS3Get component to read data from an S3 file without downloading it and you are not getting any data even though there is data in the file, there could be a few potential reasons for this issue.

First, verify that you have provided the correct bucket name, object key, and credentials in the tS3Get component settings. Ensure that the S3 file you are trying to access has the appropriate permissions for reading.

Second, check if you have correctly configured the S3 Select options in the tS3Get component. Ensure that you have specified the appropriate file format, record delimiter, and other necessary settings that align with the structure of the data file you are trying to read.

Lastly, confirm that the data you are trying to access is compatible with S3 Select. S3 Select supports querying structured data formats such as CSV, JSON, and Parquet. If your file format is not supported, you may need to preprocess or convert the data to a compatible format before using S3 Select.

If the issue persists, it is recommended to refer to the documentation or user guides of the tS3Get component and the S3 Select feature for further troubleshooting steps or consider seeking assistance from the support team or community forums specific to the integration tool or framework you are using. MyGeorgiaSouthern

ManiKanta_Divvela
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi LLopeza,

I am giving everything correct. Do you have any sample job, which will be helpful for me. And the below is the properties I have used and My file is in .txt format with below data:

File data:

Name;ID

ABC;1

DEF;2

tS3Get properities:

Do we need to define Schema like how we are defining in tDBInput component.

Please hep me on this as soon as possible.