Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DM2017
Contributor II
Contributor II

Update not working in the job

Hi experts,

I have the above job, runs without error but not updating.

0683p000009LsWo.jpg0683p000009Lsuw.jpg0683p000009Lsv1.jpg0683p000009LseT.jpg0683p000009LsNm.jpg

Please help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

do not check Updatable for actor_id

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that you haven't linked the actor_id from row1 to actor_id in ss. Effectively it's trying to do an update from the ss output with a blank key.

Try linking the two fields in the tMap and see the result.

DM2017
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, that's correct. Now I have a challenge. I need to lookup the table and update accordingly. How will be my design. I tried but not working.

tmysqlinput (table 1)>> lookup with  tmysqlinput(table 2) >> tmap >> tmysqloutput(table1)

Basically updating table1 based on record on changes in table 2 for matching rows.

Please help if any work around.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

do not check Updatable for actor_id

Anonymous
Not applicable

For your 2nd problem, use tMySqlInput for table 2 and link directly to tMySqlOutput for table 1. This should only update the matching records in table 1 where the primary key is the same as in table 2. As in the previous post, make sure that actor_id is not update-able.
Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator

Thanks a lot for putting the question!!!
Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator

Thanks @manodwhb for the solution. It will be very hard for me to find out the solution without out your contribution. Thanks again for teaching something new.