Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drosemeyer
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade a JDBC Driver

After installation of Talend Open Studio 6.2/6.3 PostgreSQL  V9.4  configuration uses driver postgresql-9.4-1201.jdbc41.jar.  PostgreSQL recommends using postgresql-9.4.1212.jar for java 1.8 environment.
It is easy to change the driver in the job for delivery but I didn’t find a way to change it in Open Studio workbench.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Regards Dirk 
Labels (4)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
The driver files are in the maven repository. Check you own repository (user-home/.m2/repositories/org/talend/libraries/)
Could you please try to rename your new .jar file with the old one(rename postgresql-9.4.1212.jar as postgresql-9.4-1201.jdbc41.jar) and restart your studio to see if it works?

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently working on an update and will suggest Talend this. In this update is also included the latest JDBC driver.
But for now: Please try to load the recent driver with tLibraryLoad at the earliest possible time in your job.
drosemeyer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,
this works, thanks a lot.
In my Windows installation the repository is located in
<talend home>\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries\
Is it planned to provide a function for this in future releases?
Regards Dirk
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poisoning the maven is a very ugly solution and will not work in the enterprise release.
I cannot hardly imagine, Talend will provide such a function to "tweak" the maven this way. It violates a clean software engineering.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. Feel free to create a new feature/work item jira issue on talend bug tracker.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any best way to update the OJDBC7 to 8 version instead of delete and rename (Looks not proper way)