Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade from 5.5 to 6.1

Hello

I am new to Talend. Would you please help me here. Currently we use Talend 5.5 and in the process of migrating to 6.1.

I took an existing job which pull data from a table and creates file. I thought this would be simplest job which i can test on Talend 6.1.

1. I imported the job in 6.1

2. Window -> Preferences -> Talend -> Debug/Run -> Remote 

I entered my current production server name

When i ran the job from 6.1 i used above server, because i have configuration files with the environment variables.

I am getting below errors. Can you tell me what should be steps in migrating from 5.5 to 6.1. 

Checking ports...

Sending job 'Data_Extract_Vertica_MBS_HBI_FTP' to server (talend3-01.bo3.e-dialog.com:8001)...

File transfer completed.

Deploying job 'Data_Extract_Vertica_MBS_HBI_FTP' on server (10.100.5.55:8000)...

Execution failed : java.io.IOException: The remote server has closed the connection, if the remote JobServer is 5.x the monitoring port is required, please ensure you the monitoring port configured for host '10.100.5.55' is reachable, else upgrade your JobServer 5.x to 6.x could avoid this issue.

[The remote server has closed the connection, if the remote JobServer is 5.x the monitoring port is required, please ensure you the monitoring port configured for host '10.100.5.55' is reachable, else upgrade your JobServer 5.x to 6.x could avoid this issue.]

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Were you trying to run a Job from the 6.1 Studio on a Remote 5.5 Jobserver? That is what it looks like. You should be testing it on a Remote 6.1 Jobserver.

Also, 6.1 has been retired. It's end of life is Jan '19. How are you not migrating to a later version?