Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
august1
Contributor
Contributor

Upper case file extension (.XLSX and .xlsx)

Hello everyone,

I am trying to connect to a FTP and download (tFTPGet) excel files after having them listed (tFTPFileList and iterate on them)

Those files can have the extension .XLSX or .xlsx (i.e. the extension in UPPERCASE or lowercase)

In the files section, "File Mask", if I only allow "*.xlsx", I won't get the .XLSX files and vice versa

If I set both "*.xlsx" and "*.XLSX", I have the afterwards treatment run twice.

I may also get the error in the tFileInputExcel afterwards : " The source File "/path/file.XLSX" does not exist or is not a file. " even if the file has been successfully downloaded.

Do you know how to properly open the two variations of the Excel files ?

I currently download everything (File Mask "*.*") and the add the .xlsx extension (I will then have a file.xlsx.xlsx) which is not a good solution.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

The filemask of tFTPFileList is case sensitive, you have to set both of the file extensions. After you download the files to local machine, use a tFileList to literate each Excel file in the specified directory, select 'no' option in the Case Sensitive list  on tFileList, so you just need to set one filemask "*.xlsx" to iterate all Excel file. On tFileInputExcel, set the file name using global variable, eg: 

((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))

Regards

Shicong

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

The filemask of tFTPFileList is case sensitive, you have to set both of the file extensions. After you download the files to local machine, use a tFileList to literate each Excel file in the specified directory, select 'no' option in the Case Sensitive list  on tFileList, so you just need to set one filemask "*.xlsx" to iterate all Excel file. On tFileInputExcel, set the file name using global variable, eg: 

((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))

Regards

Shicong

august1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your answer !

This is a good workaround, however shouldn't we also have the "Case Sensitive" option in the tFTPFileList component ?

Regards,

Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Totally agree with you. Please go to Ideation page and suggest a feature request. Thank you!

Regards

Shicong