Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of SAP user does Talend require for tSAPConnection

Hi,
I am trying to set up a SAP user to connect from Talend to SAP using tSAPConnection. My SAP administrator has asked me what type of user I require. Apparently there are 4 different SAP user types with different licencing regulations. They are dialog, communications, service and system. Can anyone help me define which SAP user type it should be please?
Thanks
Tracey
Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already checked component reference TalendHelpCenter:tSAPConnection to know how to set this component?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I searched everywhere but nothing seems to refer to the type of user that is needed on the SAP side, most things just say connect using SAP user
Thanks
Tracey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We do support Table reads, BAPI calls and IDoc import/export. All things go via Standard RFC calls, thus not a dialog user.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I'm usually using 'Communication' type of user (dialog users would work too,though). It's working fine and AFAIK 'Communication' type of users are not subject to SAP User License Audits, so it would be the most convenient way of connecting to SAP through Talend. Of course you'll have to grant the appropriate user rights in order to extract/load successfully what you need.
TThongthammarat1606363035

Hi

meaning that SAP will not have an additional charge(indirect access) to create a SAP user type to "Communication Data" to connect to any ETL Tools.

nowadays my client worried about the indirect charge from the SAP User license