Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulchapelhow
Contributor II
Contributor II

XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

The fields to extract section in mapping a source schema XML are not displaying in Open Studio 7.1 on Windows 7 (and the 7.2M of 01/03). The entries are there in the grid but invisible. The display lines from the Source Schema to the fields to extract are also confused. OS 6.5.1 is fine and it makes no difference if it was a migrated project or I create a new Metadata file XML. When I put them there I can see them and it seems to save them OK, but if I have to edit them again they are invisible.

0683p000009M3Oy.png

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please try to set up a new XML metadata for your input file in V 7.1 to see if the field to extract section in mapping a source schema XML are displaying?

Best regards

Sabrina

paulchapelhow
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

I can confirm that under 7.1 the fields are visible for a new XML file.

Once this is saved a subsequent edit of the data results in the fields not being visible.

Regards

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you tried to use other XML files? Does this issue repro on all input XML files or a specific one? If so, we will take a testing on V 7.1 to see if it repro from our side.

Best regards

Sabrina

paulchapelhow
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Yes it occurs for all other XML files I have tried. Displays fine for new but a subsequent edit of the new file XML gives the display problems. It therefore occurs on the hundreds of existing metatdata XML files we already have.

Regards

Paul

paulchapelhow
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

This still occurs in recent 7.2.1 release.

How can I get this reported, as its stopping us moving up from 6.5.1, as a lot of our changes are updates to metadata but is difficult if we cannot see the existing data.

Regards

pdid
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any plans to get this fixed?  This makes the XML import function near useless as it's impossible to make edits.