Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

add custom message for rejected data

hello,

i have 2 rejected excel files that are having rejected phone numbers. rejected email id,  so want want to join this tables and create one custom message column that shown on phone number data "number missing error" on email message  "@",dot is missing. ??  

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to use a tUnite component. Your two sources need to be read into tMap components (different ones). The tMap will change the schema to a unified one. You then connect to a tUnite and your output will be mixed. 

1) Telephone source ----> tMap1
Add an Error_Reason column and add "Wrong number" or whatever is your reason. 
2) Email source ----. tMap2
Add an Error_reason column and add "Incorrect Email Address" or whatever is your reason.

Both tMap1 and tMap2 MUST have the same output schema. You will need to ensure this.

3) tMap1 ----|
                    tUnite ----> the rest of the job
tMap2--------|

The tUnite will merge the rows and you will get the data in the format you want. This can be loaded to whichever target you want.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Please provide more details on you requirement. Sample data will help more to understand you requirement.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's great.....but what do you need to know?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for reply!!
rejected phone and rejected emailid table in one table with the one new column "error reason".
on
emailreject:- records it shows message "@,Dot missing" message
phonerejectrecords :- it shows "number missing " message
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i have 2 excel records one is rejectedphone table and second is rejectedemailid table i want it in one table with the one new column "error reason".
on
emailreject:- records it shows message "@,Dot missing" message
phonerejectrecords :- it shows "number missing " message
vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Are you looking for the following output?

0683p000009LwY9.png

If yes, you can do it using tMap.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes exctly, but can u please tell me what expressions or any i use to get this type of output??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to use a tUnite component. Your two sources need to be read into tMap components (different ones). The tMap will change the schema to a unified one. You then connect to a tUnite and your output will be mixed. 

1) Telephone source ----> tMap1
Add an Error_Reason column and add "Wrong number" or whatever is your reason. 
2) Email source ----. tMap2
Add an Error_reason column and add "Incorrect Email Address" or whatever is your reason.

Both tMap1 and tMap2 MUST have the same output schema. You will need to ensure this.

3) tMap1 ----|
                    tUnite ----> the rest of the job
tMap2--------|

The tUnite will merge the rows and you will get the data in the format you want. This can be loaded to whichever target you want.