Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
himanshup
Contributor II
Contributor II

aws.util.Base64- JAXB is unavailable

HI,

Just upgraded ot Talend 8.

When I run the job in Talend Studio 8 using remote server, I get the following warning:

Connection to AWS S3 Successful
[WARN ] 11:19:59 com.amazonaws.util.Base64- JAXB is unavailable. Will fallback to SDK implementation which may be less performant.If you are using Java 9+, you will need to include javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api as a dependency.

Is there something I need to do to address this warning?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

It looks like an outdated jar issue. Are you getting this issue when using S3 components in your job?

Which version of talend 8 and java version are you using? We've updated the aws-java-sdk a few times.

Best regards

Sabrina

himanshup
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

We are on 

Version: 8

Build id: 20240524_0800-patch

jdk-17

Do I need to update aws-java-sdk and if so how?
Thank you.

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

We got this warning before on Openjdk 11 and this happens because of the javax.xml.bind package has been removed in Java 11.

Could you please try to add the jar file 'jaxb-api-2.X.X.jar' manually by using tLibraryLoad component in your studio to see if it helps?

Best regards

Sabrina

himanshup
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. That took care of the warning.

Is there a global solution instead of manually installing this in each job?

Thank you.

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Does your each of job have this warning error?

Any job that requires adding jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar with tLibraryLoad will need to be republished as this library needs to be manually added. With Java 11 the job will not load the jar without tLibraryLoad being run in the prejob. Any jobs that do not get the original error do not need to be republished.

Best regards

Sabrina