Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

create staging table

Hi,

I've got a MS SQL 2012 Server and I'm connection successful with the following Parameters:

DB Version: Open source JTDS

Parameters: domain=yourdomain;useNTLMv2=true

if there is a better option I would prefer to use it 0683p000009MACn.png

=======

I want to load data from a .csv file into a new created table (staging table), this .csv is changing every time if a new supplier sends it (in it are article data), my first question is - how to load this csv into a new table?

After uploading and loading the new data into the correct tables (I think this will be another post) I would like to delete or truncate the table - how to do this?

=======

Thank you for your help! 0683p000009MACn.png

apit

Labels (3)
30 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This looks fine. But in previous screen shot for tDBOutput, I could see that Table name is empty. Could you please add table name and show us the results? Also please share a latest screen shot of this component.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

error.PNGtabelle_name.PNG

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@apit ,you should specify the schema name also. why schema is empty?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good catch @manodwhb !

@apit  , Could you please create a metadata connection for your target table? You can then drag and drop the metadata and select tDBOutput. In this way you will make sure that the DB connection is correct.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhbbecause I have no idea for the moment what would be the right schem.

@nthampithis is what I did.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@apit ,since you need to connect MSSQL sever from outside and verify the schema.check below links.

SELECT * FROM sys.schemas

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/226042/how-do-i-query-if-a-database-schema-exists

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1216889&seqNum=2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhbthank you!

this is what I get - can you help me?

schema.PNG

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@apit ,which schema you want to use to load that table or are you going to create a new table?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhbwill be a new one Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@apit 

Schema name, Table name and data structure (input data schema) are some of the mandatory information while creating a table. So if any of this information is missing or not correct, you will not be able to load data to an existing table or create any new table. If you are creating any new table, make sure that length values should be populated for all String components.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi