Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elelik
Contributor
Contributor

error during ESB web application deployement in tomcat 7

Hi, when I try to deploy a 5.4.1 talend ESB studio web application in tomcat 7 on Ubuntu 13.10. I have this error message in catalina.out file :
Infosc: validateJarFile(/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ws_aCtron_PeSP_0.1/WEB-INF/lib/geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class
My web app don't work, what can i do to solve this issue please.
thx a lot
Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether the geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0.jar file is available at required location or tomcat lib folder?.
If not available, you will have to download it and copy it to tomcat or your application, restart tomcat and check again.
How come tomcat is installed in /var/lib folder?
Vaibhav
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Did you deploy ESB job or ESB data service to tomcat? If former, you can have a look at document TalendHelpCenter0683p000009MACJ.pngeploying or exposing a job as a Web service to know how to export the Job and deploy it to Tomcat.
Best regards
Sabrina
elelik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Whether the geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0.jar file is available at required location or tomcat lib folder?.
If not available, you will have to download it and copy it to tomcat or your application, restart tomcat and check again.
How come tomcat is installed in /var/lib folder?
Vaibhav

Hi sanvaibhav and thanks,
Yes tomcat is instaled in var/lib and geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0.jar file is not available in any tomcat folder or others. In which tomcat folder i have to install it please ?
elelik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi elelik,
By default tomcat is installed in /etc or /usr/share folder... refer to following post
http://askubuntu.com/questions/135824/what-is-the-tomcat-installation-directory
You can download jar from multiple locations such as
http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/g/Downloadgeronimoservlet30spec10jar.htm
Place it in the lib or relevant folder, restart tomcat and check again.
Vaibhav