Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to use db2 bulk load component?

Hello,

I have to load over 30,000 records. I am thinking to use bulk load.

I just replaced tDB2Output component with tDB2BulkExec component. But it won't connect .

Does anyone has a sample on how to do the bulk loading?

I saw the other db components has outputBulkExec, but db2 doesn't have it.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found out I have to save the data into a file, then use the tDB2bulkExcu component.

But now I got this error "'db2cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." 

Anyone knows what this error is for?

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

"You can think of the DB2 command window as a DB2 shell (db2cmd.exe) that extends the Windows shell (cmd.exe) to provide support for DB2 commands and SQL statements."
Source https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0307fierros/0307fierros.html
So you need to install it before to go with tDB2BulkExec (same as for sqlldr when working with Oracle).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, TRF!

I checked, I do have DB2 command line tools installed.

But how could I know if Talend can find the db2cmd?

0683p000009LuiI.png

0683p000009Lusn.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I added db2cmd into system path variable. Then the db2cmd error is gone.

Now when I ran the job again. I got error:

DB21005E  An error occurred while accessing the file
"C:\talend\TOS_DI-20161216_1026-V6.3.1\workspace\db2_ingest_cmd.db2"

What does this mean? I didn't see db2_ingest_cmd.db2 file in the directory after the job is done.

0683p000009LusK.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I read Talend document for this db2 bulk component. It  mentioned something about date file, "This file is located on the machine specified by the URI in the Host field so it should be on the same machine as the database server."

I cannot put the file on the database server. I guess this is the problem. 

Just wonder if there is any other way to do the bulk load. Anyone has any experience on this? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Some help with this component?

I have the same problem and this I have mentioned ALL step that I have done

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-6-4-2-tDB2BulkLoad/m-p/154743/highligh...

thinkerboy
Contributor
Contributor

I too require knowledge on how to use this component, i an trying to load a db2 table using data from a pipe delimited file. But from the component get the following error

com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-27965, SQLSTATE=   , SQLERRMC=COPY YES USE TSM:LOG, DRIVER=4.9.78

I know its been 2 years since someone answered anything on this component. Still hopeful