Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manoj_MUTHURAJA
Creator
Creator

issue to extract ID of the user

Hello,

I am working on tRest composant.I would like to pass my ID of the user dynamically so I have added a variable to get the ID of the user.

https://xxx.xxxx.com/api/3.6/sites/xxxxxxxxxxx/users/"fb25fcdd-1510-48a0-8def-85725687bb68"

Here I want to get just the ID without " ".I don't know what modifications I have to change on the parameter.

0683p000009M9qZ.png0683p000009M9ym.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Manoj_MUTHURAJA
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I found the solution it was "+((String)).globalmap.get(("USERID"))+".

Actually its strange that the body part doesn't work in the same way.because when you want to pass a parameter you have to put a  backslash like this \"namexx \" but in the URL part you don't have to.

But any ways thanks for the solution proposed in the community.Btw the issue was not coming from URL.

I hope it can be useful for other people in the community.

Regards,

Manoj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post your URL code as text please? Alter any values you do not want shown to the rest of the world first. I believe your URL code may be slightly incorrect. It looks like you are almost there though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
From your image, I see you add double quotes in the URL and escape it, change it to:
"...users/"+(String)globalMap.get("USERID")

Regards
Shong
Manoj_MUTHURAJA
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I found the solution it was "+((String)).globalmap.get(("USERID"))+".

Actually its strange that the body part doesn't work in the same way.because when you want to pass a parameter you have to put a  backslash like this \"namexx \" but in the URL part you don't have to.

But any ways thanks for the solution proposed in the community.Btw the issue was not coming from URL.

I hope it can be useful for other people in the community.

Regards,

Manoj