Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

melissa address standardization : Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

Hi All,

I am facing issues while using tMelissaDataAddress  component in talend (version 7.0) . As per the documentation from talend , I have updated the paths in environment variable, have added the -Djava.library.path in the advance setting in run tab, still I am getting error as"Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform" . For reference, I have added the screenshot. Could anyone please help me out with this.

the error I am getting is as follows :

Starting job melissa_address_check at 16:39 20/09/2018.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3430
[statistics] connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.melissadata.mdAddrJavaWrapperJNI.new_mdAddr()J
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\samples\Java\x86\mdAddrJavaWrapper.dll:
Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
java.library.path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Talend-Studio\jre1.8.0_131\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:/Program Files (x86)/Talend-Studio/jre1.8.0_131/bin/server;C:/Program Files (x86)/Talend-Studio/jre1.8.0_131/bin;C:/Program Files (x86)/Talend-Studio/jre1.8.0_131/lib/amd64;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\dll_64bit;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\samples\Java\x86;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\Data;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\samples\Java\;C:\scoop\apps\nodejs\current\bin;C:\scoop\apps\nodejs\current;C:\scoop\shims;D:\Users\saurabh.kumar\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\dll_64bit;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\samples\Java\x86;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\Data;C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\samples\Java\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Talend-Studio\studio;;.
[statistics] disconnected
at com.melissadata.mdAddrJavaWrapperJNI.new_mdAddr(Native Method)
at com.melissadata.mdAddr.<init>(mdAddr.java:39)
at local_project.melissa_address_check_0_1.melissa_address_check.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(melissa_address_check.java:2295)
at local_project.melissa_address_check_0_1.melissa_address_check.runJobInTOS(melissa_address_check.java:3608)
at local_project.melissa_address_check_0_1.melissa_address_check.main(melissa_address_check.java:3434)

Job melissa_address_check ended at 16:39 20/09/2018. [exit code=1]0683p000009Lzo4.pngdata location in tmelissadataaddress component0683p000009Lzwg.pngpath where the data folder is0683p000009Lzti.pngmdAddrJavaWrapper.dll location0683p000009Lzwl.pngmdaddr.dll path provided in environment variable0683p000009Lzwq.pnglcoation for mdaddr.dll

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What mentioned in the talend support  document is to just add mdAddr.dll in environment path. I was adding the same and running the job which was not working for me. 

the below solution worked for me

It ran after setting the path for :

1.  both mdAddrJavaWrapper.dll and mdAddr.dll  in the PATH variable in environment setup.

2. "C:/Program Files/Melissa DATA/DQT/Data/" in the tMelissaDataAddress component  for the tab                            "specify              for melissaData DataFile Folder"

3.in the advanced setting in the run job tab , check the jvm settigns and add 

"-Djava.library.path =C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\samples\Java\"  (this is the                            path where "mdAddrJavaWrapper.dll " is located) 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Have you tried to add -d32 in JVM argument to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What mentioned in the talend support  document is to just add mdAddr.dll in environment path. I was adding the same and running the job which was not working for me. 

the below solution worked for me

It ran after setting the path for :

1.  both mdAddrJavaWrapper.dll and mdAddr.dll  in the PATH variable in environment setup.

2. "C:/Program Files/Melissa DATA/DQT/Data/" in the tMelissaDataAddress component  for the tab                            "specify              for melissaData DataFile Folder"

3.in the advanced setting in the run job tab , check the jvm settigns and add 

"-Djava.library.path =C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQT\AddrObj\samples\Java\"  (this is the                            path where "mdAddrJavaWrapper.dll " is located) 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Great it is fixed. Thanks for sharing your solution with us on forum.

Best regards

Sabrina