Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aksharma
Contributor II
Contributor II

optimize build size and build time in talend CI /CD

Hello team

I am using talend 7.3.1 and the building jobs through jenkins CI/CD and having below queries.

• Build Includes java source code which I I think can be skipped not sure how ?I am using below commands to generate build

bat "mvn -f $PROJECT_GIT_NAME/poms/pom.xml deploy -X -fae -e -pl ${ARTIFACT_DIR}/${ARTIFACT}_${VERSION} -am"

• Build process is taking time I tried giving 8 GB ram allocation in ini file but not seeing any improvemnt .Any other way we can optimise the build process.
  • Is there any way to just get the artifacts with minimum dependencies.

Thanks

Ashish

Labels (5)
2 Replies
aksharma
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

By passing -P !include-java-sources in maven command we can exclude the java resource but still stuck on optimising the build time Not sure why it is not concidering custom -Xmx value its using default size and taking 10 mins to generate the source

Seeing below message on geneation of source code

[INFO] loadScript, loaded temp command script file: C:\Windows\TEMP\script_command_13009860089386478849.txt

[INFO] Exec java -ea -Xms512m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx2000m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dmaven.local.repository=C:\Ashish\cmdline\march21_studio\configuration\.m2\repository -classpath C:\Ashish\cmdline\march21_studio\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.5.200.v20180922-1751.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -application org.talend.commandline.CommandLine -data C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Ashish_NightlyBuilds scriptFile script_command_13009860089386478849.txt

aksharma
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am not using talend cloud.Its onprem and the issue which i am facing currently is the build time is too high.

Seems like it is not using default -Xms and -Xmx size

[INFO] Exec java -ea -Xms512m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx2000m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=20