Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Die on error" Property not working for tRedshiftRow component

Hi - Below is an behavior that I have noticed while using the tRedshiftRow Component. Can you please let me know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong?
As seen in my first Screenshot I have a 'tRedshiftRow' component and an insert statement within it. I have checked the property 'Die on error' for this component so that incase of any errors while doing the insert the process will die and exit. 
However incase of any errors the process is not exiting and instead moving on to the next step in my Job Flow when i connect by the link 'On Component ok'. 
The only way I was able to get the process to exit incase of failure was to add the 'tDie' component explicitly to get it to work. Shouldn't the 'Die on error' property work instead of adding the 'tDie' Component incase of any error?

0683p000009MGsF.png

0683p000009MGsK.png

Thanks,

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
The 'die on error' option will stop to run once there is an error.
What's the error message you are catching when doing the insert?

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The error message is some data format issue, I am trying to insert a string into a filed which is larger than the defined size of field. I am trying to load 3 files and of them one file has bad data. I was expecting the process to Die the moment it encounters a issue and not proceed to next component. However the process just continues by throwing that error mesg and moves on to the next step. However once i add a 'tDie' component with link as onComponent error the process aborts incase of Error.