Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III

[resolved] Archived file to Active MQ

Hello every one, hope all doing good.
My requirement goes like this, I have to archive 2 .csv files into 1 .zip file and need to send it to Queue(Active MQ). in bytes type of message (as i am converting that .zip file into bytes[]). I am using some java code to convert that .zip file into bytes[] but in the end I am getting a .zip file which is not readable, it says exact size but not able read it or open it(it says file corrupted). But i can see the archived file is in very good condition before upload.
By the way we have defined a separate component for tmomoutput because the default component is just converting everything into string even though i say it as bytes[], as the archive file should be in binary format. I am getting same result even i used default tmomoutput component which seems to be strange.
I will attach some screen shots of my job, please suggest me or help me.
Talend Version: 5.1.2
Thank you

Kind Regards,
Badri.Venkata
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

There is no problem with that (i guess)because with same kind of white spaces I am able to load a .csv file in bytes[] format into same Queue which is working absolutely fine.
Thanks
Regards.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
The official component tMomOutput supports bytes message on v5.2.0. Selected 'byte message' from the message body type list.
Shong
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks shong, my doubt is can we import that component into our 5.1.2(we've signed for 3 years agreement with talend and we upgraded just last week only).
kind regards,
Badri.Venkata
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Strictly speaking, you are required to upgrade to use the new feature provided in the new version. However, I think this way can work, copy the component from the new version and replace the component in the older version. To do:
1. Remove the component folder from <v5.1.2 studio install path>\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.2.xxxxx\components.
2. Copy the component folder from <v5.2.0 studio install path>\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.2.0.xxxxx\components. and paste it to
<v5.1.2 studio install path>\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.2.xxxxx\components.
Shong
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Shong, hope you are doing well, I tried that 5.2 version but it failed to work and it seems to be working as previous one.
So we created a new component which is working absolutely fine in my local studio and giving archived file as it need to be.
But the issue is when I upload that JOB in TAC I am not getting same output, because the component which i created is not on Talend Server, so can you please help me how to move my own component into server aswell so that others users can also use it with out any issues.
please help me Shong as we are approaching deadlines for our projects soon.
Thank you so much.
Kind Regards,
Badri.Venkata
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Can you clarify more clear what you want to do? If you just want to deploy the job script to Job server and execute it on Job sever, you don't need to install this component on Job server. What's the error you get if the job don't work on Job Server?
If you are opening a remote project, and expects that other users open the same project in their Talend Studio and get this job works, you need to install this component correctly.
Shong
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ok, let me clarify it. I created component which is in my local machine(as I connect to server using SVN, work and update jobs remotely using SVN). When i run that job on my local machine(using required contexts) it is working fine but when i generate it on TAC and tried to run its not working and I can see it is failing at new component. so I guess we need to have that component on server side aswell!!
Please let me know what should i do??
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi
Please upload the job execution log, so that I can help you further.
Shong
vbadri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

### Job STARTED at 2012/11/20 15:21:38 (jobId=20121120_152129_kEWsu, jobExecutionId=20121120152137_ha0o2) ###
Connecting to URL: tcp://ipaddress:12012
Consuming queue: GENERICEXPORT.REQUEST
We will consume messages while they continue to be delivered
Connecting to URL: tcp://ipaddress:12012
Producing queue: GENERICEXPORT.RESPONSE
Closing connection
Reading in binary file named : /opt/eCat_Export_DevTest/South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust/Mapped Data/South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust mapped.zip
File size: 3298
Num bytes read: 3298
Closing input stream.

This is what you are asking for?
Kind Regards,
Badri.Venkata
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all,
anything about your request I think, but avoid whiteSpace in FolderName with Unix/linux OS ( /opt/eCat_Export_DevTest/South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust/Mapped Data/South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust mapped.zip)
regards
laurent