Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Can we Split One XML File into Multiple XML files using talend Jobs

Can we Split One XML File which is of 1GB or More of Size into Multiple XML files using talend Jobs....If Yes How?
Please write detailed steps to follow......
Thanks,
KPK
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not able to create ,can you please attach a Job with one sample xml file as example specifying all the options to split xml file into chunks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
You might use tAdvancedFileOutputXML. You will find an option Advanced settings->Split Output in several files.
Regards,
Pedro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can somebody give detailed steps to split single XML file into multiple xml files using tAdvancedoutputXML??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
You might create a job like this.
tFileInputXML--main-->tAdvancedOutputXML
tFileInputXML: You can use it to extract all nodes.
tAdvancedOutputXML: Rebuild the structure of this XML file. And the feature "Split Output in several files" can help you split the entire XML file into several XML file. For instance, the loop Xpath query of the previous xml file is "/bills/bill/line" and the xml file loop "line" node 1000 times. Now after using tAdvancedFileoutputXML, you can loop it only 100 times in one xml file and generate 10 xml files like this.
Regards,
Pedro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not able to create ,can you please attach a Job with one sample xml file as example specifying all the options to split xml file into chunks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks I am able to Split..
karthik_koneru
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @praveen none​ 

I do same requirement to split xml file into smaller size.

Can you please let me know how you have did it.

Thanks

Karthik