Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chichibio
Contributor III
Contributor III

[resolved] Compare date tMysqlInput to tOracle

Hi at all,
I have a query in tOracleInput : 
select * from tablea join...
WHERE UPDATEDATETIME > to_date('"+globalMap.get("row2.UPDATEDATETIME")+"','dd-MM-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')
I take max(updatedatetime) from tableA -->store in variable--> and compare max(updatedatetime) of mysql with oracle in condition query.
So my flow is:
tMysqlInput-->tFlowToIterate-->tOracleInput-->tMap-->tMysqlOutput
My error:
Exception in component tOracleInput_1
java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:79)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:112)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:173)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1030)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:183)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CStatement.java:774)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(T4CStatement.java:849)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1186)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:1377)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.executeQuery(OracleStatementWrapper.java:386)
at migra_da_oracle_804.uso_variabili_0_1.uso_variabili.tMysqlInput_1Process(uso_variabili.java:1534)
at migra_da_oracle_804.uso_variabili_0_1.uso_variabili.runJobInTOS(uso_variabili.java:2294)
at migra_da_oracle_804.uso_variabili_0_1.uso_variabili.main(uso_variabili.java:2151)
disconnected
Job uso_variabili ended at 17:00 25/11/2016.
where is my error?
0683p000009MCUT.png
format max(updatedate) on mysql:
0683p000009MBzO.png
thnx at all!
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chichibio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi...finally I'm resolved.
is necessary define string my result query : max(updatedatetime) 
0683p000009MCUY.png
and in where condition :
PXUPDATEDATETIME > to_date('"+globalMap.get("row1.UPDATEDATETIME")+"','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')
thanx anyone to helped me!
best regard

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JR1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi
Please take a close look at the date format you gave in your tOracleInput component and compare this with the one you provide in your tMySqlInput component.
UPDATEDATETIME > to_date('" globalMap.get("row2.UPDATEDATETIME") "',' dd-MM-yyyy hh24:mi:ss') (must be Oracle notation)
compared to
" yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss" (Java notation)
The correct Oracle notation would be DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI0683p000009M9p6.pngS and the matching Java notation would be dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm:ss.
I am not sure if this is everything you need to resolve this. A type conversion between date and string may ne necessary as well.
Regards, Joachim
PS: you posted this issue twice. Could you please close the other one? It's  https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=54211
vapukov
Master II
Master II

correct form must be something like :
UPDATEDATETIME > to_date('"+TalendDate.formatDate("dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss",globalMap.get("row2.UPDATEDATETIME"))+"','dd-MM-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')

it mean UDATEDATETIME - have date format as on attached picture
chichibio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi
Please take a close look at the date format you gave in your tOracleInput component and compare this with the one you provide in your tMySqlInput component.
UPDATEDATETIME > to_date('" globalMap.get("row2.UPDATEDATETIME") "','dd-MM-yyyy hh24:mi:ss') (must be Oracle notation)
compared to
"yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss" (Java notation)
The correct Oracle notation would be DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI0683p000009M9p6.pngS and the matching Java notation would be dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm:ss.
I am not sure if this is everything you need to resolve this. A type conversion between date and string may ne necessary as well.
Regards, Joachim
PS: you posted this issue twice. Could you please close the other one? It's https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=54211

Hi Joe,
thnx for your help.
Unfortunatley doesn't work. I try with to_date('" globalMap.get("row1.PXUPDATEDATETIME") "','yyyy-MM-dd hh24:mi:ss')
but I have another error: ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string
ps.
Yes, I'm sorry. I'm getting close the other  post. 
chichibio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

correct form must be something like :
UPDATEDATETIME > to_date('"+TalendDate.formatDate("dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss",globalMap.get("row2.UPDATEDATETIME"))+"','dd-MM-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')

it mean UDATEDATETIME - have date format as on attached picture

Hi Vapukov,
with your sintax I have another tipe of error:
the method formatDate(String,Date) in the type talendDate is not applicable for the arguments (String,Object)
0683p000009MPcz.png
Thnnk you so much
I need help :s 
vapukov
Master II
Master II

check the data types - it mean somewhere before You mark UPDATEDATETIME as Object
chichibio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi...finally I'm resolved.
is necessary define string my result query : max(updatedatetime) 
0683p000009MCUY.png
and in where condition :
PXUPDATEDATETIME > to_date('"+globalMap.get("row1.UPDATEDATETIME")+"','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')
thanx anyone to helped me!
best regard