Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Component tHiveLoad & File path on Linux

Hi all,
I am currently working on Talend Open Studio for Big Data, and I'm using components about Hive. My host is on a CentOS virtual machine and my Hadoop architecture on another VM using HortonWorks Sandbox 2.0. My goal is to insert data from a file on HDFS in my Hive table.
My connection to HDFS and Hive work perfectly, but I have a syntax problem for the component tHiveLoad. Indeed, to load data from a file on HDFS to my table, I have to enter the path of a file (not a filename).
For filename, this syntax works: "/user/linux/file.xls". But not with the filepath on tHiveLoad, I get the following error:
"
FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:17 Invalid path ''/user/linux/file.xls''
Query returned non-zero code: 40000, cause: FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:17 Invalid path ''/user/linux/file.xls''
: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver - FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:17 Invalid path ''/user/linux/file.xls''"
"
After testing several different ways, I still don't find a solution. Do you have any idea of the problem?
Best regards
Stanaaaaa
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi again,
I found a solution. Checking "local" in tHiveLoad, the path root become the root of Talend Open Studio (where is located .exe or .sh). So, it fixes the issue, but I don't understand why it still don't work in either case, and why we can't specify the desired absolute path.
Best regards
Stanaaaaa

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi again,
I found a solution. Checking "local" in tHiveLoad, the path root become the root of Talend Open Studio (where is located .exe or .sh). So, it fixes the issue, but I don't understand why it still don't work in either case, and why we can't specify the desired absolute path.
Best regards
Stanaaaaa