Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

[resolved] Iterate through a list of URL's for tRSSInput?

Hi, just started with Talend and could do with some help. Have already read through previous topics but couldn't get anything working.
I have a list of RSS URL's in an excel document, and would like to use tRSSInput to aggregate the contents into a second excel document. My problem is how to run through the list of URL's and connect it to the RSS URL parameter.
Any ideas?
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
You can use tContextLoad or Implicit tContextLoad to iterate a list of RSS URL's in an excel document and set a Context value in RSS URL parameter.
Please see my screenshots and component reference TalendHelpCenter:tContextLoad.
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MDfN.png 0683p000009MDbX.png 0683p000009MDSq.png 0683p000009MDKf.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
You can use tContextLoad or Implicit tContextLoad to iterate a list of RSS URL's in an excel document and set a Context value in RSS URL parameter.
Please see my screenshots and component reference TalendHelpCenter:tContextLoad.
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MDfN.png 0683p000009MDbX.png 0683p000009MDSq.png 0683p000009MDKf.png
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Is this solution working for you? If your issue is closed, may I ask you to click the "Set this topic as resolved" link which is right underneath your initial post? This way, other users will be informed that this thread has been resolved.
Many thanks
Feel free let me know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,
This solution is working for me but it takes only the last row of my file..
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
How can i do to read severals values from my ".txt" file and put it in only one context for the tRSSInput component.
Because it took only the last row of my ".txt" file.
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
How can i do to read severals values from my ".txt" file and put it in only one context for the tRSSInput component.
Because it took only the last row of my ".txt" file.
Thank you

Hi
You can use tFlowToIterate to iterate all rowss one by one, for example:
tFileInputDelimited--main(row1)-->tFlowToIterate--iterate--tRSSInput--main--tLogRow
on tRSSInput, set the RSS URL field as: row1.url
Refer to the component manual:  tFlowToIterate
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you it works!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Would like to ask how this  "tFileInputDelimited--main(row1)-->tFlowToIterate--iterate--tRSSInput--main--tLogRow" change if I use tREST instead tRSSinput?
BR,
Dynamo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  Dynamo,
Could you please give us more description about your job requirement?
Best regards
Sabrina