Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] OutOfMemoryError:Java heap Space

Hi,
I am getting following error messages while executing my job on UNIX.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at oracle.jdbc.driver.CharCommonAccessor.getString(CharCommonAccessor.java:404)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CVarcharAccessor.getString(T4CVarcharAccessor.java:436)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getString(OracleResultSetImpl.java:971)
at tal.pacht_corp_addr_lndg_to_pa000cht05_0_1.PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.tOracleInput_2Process(PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.java:2793)
at tal.pacht_corp_addr_lndg_to_pa000cht05_0_1.PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.tOracleInput_1Process(PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.java:1264)
at tal.pacht_corp_addr_lndg_to_pa000cht05_0_1.PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.runJobInTOS(PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.java:3127)
at tal.pacht_corp_addr_lndg_to_pa000cht05_0_1.PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.main(PACHT_CORP_ADDR_LNDG_TO_PA000CHT05.java:3016)
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Is there any cache component consuming two much memory in your job? Such as, tMap, tUniqRow, tSortRow? For a large set of data, try to store the data on disk and allocate more memory to execute the job.
Please have a look at KB article TalendHelpCenter:Exception outOfMemory.
Best regards
Sabrina

View solution in original post

8 Replies
willm1
Creator
Creator

Hi Kiran - looks like you need to adjust your heap size on your server based on the memory you have available...
Take a look at https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Could-not-reserve-enough-space-for-object-hea...
or http://kindleconsulting.com/blog/entry/managing-jvm-heap-size-in-talend-open-studio.html
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Is there any cache component consuming two much memory in your job? Such as, tMap, tUniqRow, tSortRow? For a large set of data, try to store the data on disk and allocate more memory to execute the job.
Please have a look at KB article TalendHelpCenter:Exception outOfMemory.
Best regards
Sabrina
Tech_wiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

How to adjust this heap size problem in talend cloud.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @Sasidhar V J​ 

Feel free to let us know if this KB article is what you are looking for.

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Increase-heap-size-on-the-Remote-Engine-service-to-allocate-m...

Best regards

Sabrina

Tech_wiz
Contributor
Contributor

I am using talend data fabric xdshi I can't able to find any settings in talend data fabric​.

Best re​gards

Sas​idhar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

As you are using talend data fabric, do you want to adjust this heap size problem in talend cloud or your server?

Could you please specific your requirement?

Best regards

Sabrina

Tech_wiz
Contributor
Contributor

I have to adjust this problem in talend data fabric cloud only

Beat regards

Sasidhar​

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

With your talend data fabric cloud solution, you does publish the Job to cloud and run it by Remote Engine? or not Remote Engine? Cloud Engine?

For remote engine, you can navigate to the TalendRemoteEngineInstallationPath/etc folder, and increase the value of the parameter in the wrapper.conf file.

Best regards

Sabrina