Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Rapidly Changing Dimension Implementation(SCD Type4)

Hi
I am trying to implement Rapidly Changing Dimension in Talend.
I have used salesforce as input datasource and Oracle as DW.I have succesfuly implemented SCD Type2 But problem with SCD Type2 is that table becomes so huge easily and creates performance issues.So I want to implement Rapidly Changing Dimension(SCD Type4).
So Please let me know if anyone have implemented this before in Talend.
Snapshots of the demo job would be much helpful.
Thanks

With Regard
Sanjay Tiwari
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagadish,
Thanks for your reply.I have alredy gone through the link you have provided.I am very much clear with the concepts and i was looking for some implementation specially in Talend. Actually mini dimension created By Akash Mitra was creating a problem as he was solely implementing SAP'S logic to implement it.Now after few research i am clear with it that he was creating a factless fact tables.So i have implemented that in my case too.
With Regards
Sanjay Tiwari

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jagadish_dasari
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sanjay,
Please look into article below. This might be of some help in your case.
" http://www.dwbiconcepts.com/data-warehousing/12-data-modelling/139-implementing-rapidly-changing-dim..."
Thanks,
Jagadish.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagadish,
Thanks for your reply.I have alredy gone through the link you have provided.I am very much clear with the concepts and i was looking for some implementation specially in Talend. Actually mini dimension created By Akash Mitra was creating a problem as he was solely implementing SAP'S logic to implement it.Now after few research i am clear with it that he was creating a factless fact tables.So i have implemented that in my case too.
With Regards
Sanjay Tiwari