Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] mysql component to execute multiple sql statements at once

Hi,
I have a bunch of tables I want to truncate, is there a mysql component I can call where I can truncate all the tables at once? Something like executing the truncate statement in a script:
truncate table A;
truncate table B;
I know I can use tMysqlOutput or tMysqlRow, but I would need to create one component per table.
Thanks
Sarah
Labels (2)
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cool.
Thanks for this. Since I couldn't come to a solution using talend components, I used the tJava component and created code do perform the queries 0683p000009MACn.png
Thanks again
jkrfs
Creator
Creator

Tried this
DELIMITER $$
BEGIN
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE temp_security_id
AS SELECT DISTINCT security_id FROM trade_import
WHERE client_trade_import_id = " + context.clientTradeImportId + ";
DELETE FROM trade_import
WHERE client_trade_import_id = " + context.clientTradeImportId + ";
DELETE FROM security
WHERE id IN (SELECT security_id FROM temp_security_id);
DROP TABLE temp_security_id;
END
$$
DELIMITER ;

With and without delimiter, but nothing!
rbaldwin
Creator
Creator

It's actually much simpler than you're making it. The reason JohnGarrettMartin's approach - and many of the others - is because by default the mysql jdbc driver does two things:
1. Explicitly doesn't allow multiple queries in a single statement.
2. Stops executing after the first semi-colon ;.
It does this to alleviate the probability for SQL Injection. However, a configuration parameter allows you to get around this default behavior. Set your "Additional JDBC Parameters" to include "allowMultiQueries=true"
From there, you can simply put all of the queries you wish into the same tMysqlRow component.

See the screenshots attached below.
jkrfs
Creator
Creator

It worked!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that guy rbaldwin is creepy good.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks rbaldwin for giving us the solution! It is very simple.
Best regards
sHONG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,
urgent please
i created a tMysqlRow and i also added the "Additional JDBC Parameters" to include "allowMultiQueries=true" but when i run the job only one query is getting updated i have a list of query please help me to resolve this issue

thanks
caba
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use the component tSQLScriptParser from Talend Exchange. This component is dedicated to run multiple SQL statements from a file or from the build-in SQL text field and use ONE tXXXXRow component do run each statement.
You can - unlike all Talend components - comment statements out with line comments and it understand also some SQLPlus commands like the / at the line start to end complex function statements.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,
urgent please
i created a tMysqlRow and i also added the "Additional JDBC Parameters" to include "allowMultiQueries=true" but when i run the job only one query is getting updated i have a list of query please help me to resolve this issue
thanks
caba

Can you please show us your query?
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Shong,
I am not able to share the query since it is production one
but the query's look as below with the tMysqlRow with properties "Additional JDBC Parameters" to include "allowMultiQueries=true"
i have enclosed the list of querys in double quotes.

"create table query;
insert query;
update query;
update query;
update query;
update query;
update query;
"
only one query is getting executed please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
caba