Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falco-
Contributor III
Contributor III

solved [Talend studio 7.3] Accents in linux jobs

I finished a connector to fetch data via SOAP (structures and people) and flat files and update database in sotware.

I have a problem:

When I execute the job in talend everything is ok All menus of application are ok

When I export the job for linux (to run it in cron on the server for example) I don’t have the uppercase accented

When I export the job for windows I have another coding!!

The question or do we put the coding?

Example of a Linux script that works but without the accents in the drop-down menus:

# !/bin/sh

cd `dirname $0`

ROOT_PATH=`pwd`

java -Dtalend.component.manager.m2.repository=$ROOT_PATH/../lib -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp .:$ROOT_PATH:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/routines.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.12.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/log4j-api-2.12.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/log4j-core-2.12.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/log4j-1.2-api-2.12.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/activation.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/commons-codec-1.9.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/commons-collections-3.2.2.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jax-qname.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jaxp-api.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jaxp-ri.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/saaj-api-1.3.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/saaj-impl-1.3.2.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/xercesImpl.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jaxen-1.1.6.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/slf4j-api-1.7.25.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/talend-soap-2.1-20190716.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jboss-serialization.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/advancedPersistentLookupLib-1.2.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/dom4j-2.1.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/trove.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/talendcsv.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/crypto-utils.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jdom-1.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/talend_file_enhanced_20070724.jar:$ROOT_PATH/job_0_1.jar: sst.job_0_1.job --context=Dev_Linux "$@"

Thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
falco-
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

With ​-Dfile.encoding=UTF8* in job et it id ok

View solution in original post

4 Replies
XJ_1630
Contributor III
Contributor III

could you clarify on -

• what did you expect, and what is the error
  • if you exported to run in Windows System - why do you use the context=Dev_Linux (could this be an issue?)

Ciao

falco-
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

no in windows i use another context. It is not the problem.

The error is I don’t have the uppercase accented when i export the job to linux. All the data store in database are without accents

Il i go the job Talend in interface (in windows) il is ok !

If i export the job in job.zip , and i go the script sh the data in database are without accents

Example !

Il i go the job in interface Talend :

Pôle social

Prêts en Bibliothèques

in script sh in linux :

Ple social

Prts en Bilbiothques

I try this bit it doesn't work :

Click the Window > Preferences menu to open the Preferences dialog box.

In the dialog tree, expand the Talend node.

Click the Specific settings node to display the corresponding view on the right side of the dialog box.

Check the Allow specific characters (UTF8,...) for columns of schemas box.

Thanks

falco-
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

With ​-Dfile.encoding=UTF8* in job et it id ok

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great it is fixed and I have selected your solution as Best.

In addition to that, have you thought of entering our competition?

https://community.talend.com/s/blog/aGn5b000000CaZw/getting-smart-about-talend-tip-of-the-day

There are rewards for winners!

Best regards

Sabrina